Sunday, July 14, 2013

Normality

Three days left of fun and freedom. And, then it is off to the airport for the long journey home and back to normality - whatever that is.

'Normality' - I have decided is very subjective. What you might consider 'normal' I might consider abnormal, even unhealthy and undesirable. Or maybe, your normality is normal and healthy for you, but not for me. Who, really, can be the judge of someone else's normality? We are all different.

However, I believe it is very important for your own sanity and peace to become aware of what really is essential and important and fulfilling in your own life. Too many of us lack this self awareness and are too easily blown this way and that way by society's 'normality', by media advertising and consumerism, by the idea that bigger is better, and when we have more we will be happier.

I have decided to redefine my 'normality' so that I can live more simply and live more. The journey never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment