Thursday, September 29, 2016

Unwanted souvenir

The latest travel accessory, the unwanted souvenir, aka the leg brace that the French doctor insisted I buy. So elegant, not. However, it did help. I am home now, in the process of repairing the damage done by my wanderment with mountains.
Joel took me straight to the hospital when I arrived back in Devonport, nine days early. I have had xrays, ultrasound and MRI scans, to assess the damage done.
All three hamstring muscles have been torn off the bone on my right leg, so I did a thorough job. No wonder my leg kept collapsing as I was helped down the hill. I will have 6 weeks at least off work, and not allowed to drive. The treatment is rest, ice and physio.

Fortunately I am blessed to live in Paradise. Some views from the house:

I can hear the creek running strongly down among the trees, but I can't get down to see it. Over a dozen different types of birds live here. Many of them do come up around the house.
 At least I can watch a mountain - Mt Roland.

3 comments:

  1. Oh you really did the full monty!
    Hope you're on the mend soon and the next 6 weeks don't drag too much. Lots of good reading time. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I wasca bit too thorough this time. Oh well, things happen for a reason.

    ReplyDelete