Sunday, July 9, 2023

Struggling

Struggling to find the words to describe this place.

There is a lot of geology on display in the far north west of Scotland. The whole area is a UNESCO Geopark. Full of rocks, lochs, beaches, mountains, it really is the most incredible landscape. My photos and my words are inadequate.

I look to the mountains from where my help comes...again and again. 

Around every corner of the road, another WOW.
And another
And another - one I have climbed - Suilven - a few years back in 2018.

This one - Quinaig- tipped a giant bucket of rain over our car but gave me just enough time to see it coming so I could pull over safely.
The bridge at Kylesku. We sailed under it on a wildlife cruise.
And drove over it, and walked across too. 
And saw lots of seals from the boat.

Small ferry boat to Handa Island to walk on cliffs, watch seabirds, dolphins and seals.
Cliffs pn Handa Island. 
Another small ferry and then a mini bus Cape Wrath, the most north-westerly point of mainland Britain.

We drove to Stoer lighthouse.
Iron Age broch on Clachtoll Beach.
Scourie Beach, near where we stayed.
Oldshoremore Beach

Sheigra Beach

Smoo Cave
A waterfall falls through the roof of Smoo Cave.
Just a few more WOWs




Farewell to Scotland - a place that lifts my spirit and speaks to my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment