Thursday, September 1, 2022

Colours

I seem to have left the dry red country of north-west WA and entered a new land. Sunrise at my campsite on the Murchison River.
Around Geraldton, it is all rolling hills, sheep paddocks, wheat and canola. There is a lot of bread and cooking oil in these fields.
I saw my first MacDonald's of this trip in Geraldton, a bustling metropolis compared to places I have been over the previous weeks. One thing I did here was go to an op shop to buy a blanket and a pair of trackies to sleep in, as the nights are getting cold as I head south. The one light doona that Apollo supplied is not enough to keep me warm any more.
Yet another HMAS Sydney memorial, on top of a hill overlooking Geraldton.
The seagulls in the dome represent the departed souls of the sailors.
Lake Hutt, just north of Geraldton is one of those pink lakes caused by an algae that produces beta-carotene.
Heading back inland I could not resist the painted sheep in the quaint country town of Northampton.
If you think this is a colourful post, just wait until you see the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment