Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Waiting

Waiting in a bookshop in Melbourne airport
Waiting to cross the ocean
Waiting to meet up with my fellow wanderers
Waiting to escape the mundane
to discover something extraordinary.



Watching the constant stream of people passing by, I can't help wondering - where are they all going and why? Some look tired and frazzled. Some look relaxed and happy. Some are dressed to the nines, tottering along on painfully high heels, others are so casual slopping along in thongs, they should be lying on a beach.

Every single time I am in an airport, there are announcements "Passengers Ling Ping Lee and Sam Low, please make your way immediately to gate 22. Your plane is ready to board." How can people be late when they have obviously already checked in for their flight? Aren't they keen to get on that plane? I know I am? I am here - early - waiting - not wanting to miss out on the promised adventures.

The pain of the ordinary - the promise of anything not.

"Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting." unknown (read on a card in the bookshop)

No comments:

Post a Comment