Monday, April 20, 2020

Covidcalm

For those who do not follow me on facebook or instagram - 33 days ago I started my covidcalm project. Search  #jillswanderment or  #covidcalm or jillian.brady.writer

Walking the South West Coast Path in England, 2019

I had been starting to feel very anxious to the point of panic attacks, racing heart, dizziness so I needed an antidote. I decided to post a calming photo every day while this coronavirus crisis continues.

March 19 was day one. I began with a lagoon just north of the Bay of Fires, on Tassie's east coast.
My covidcalm project allows me to share many never before seen photos from my years of wandering in wanderment. It is an eclectic collection.

 France near Mont Blanc, 2016

My book Floundering, because that is how many of us feel right now

Hoi An, my go-to-place for relaxation when I lived in near-by DaNang, Vietnam, 2003

Dorset, England, 2019

Lots of cute critters including my first ever wild squirrel near Jasper in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, 2013

One of the photos for my upcoming (not sure when now) exhibition at the Cradle Mountain Wilderness Gallery based on photos from my book plus some additional ones with words from the book.

Close up views of various things. A dung beatle at home this week.

Water droplets on a leaf in Devon, 2019

Cradle Mountain - of course!

And photos from home. Mt Roland from the front of my house taken a few days ago.

You need rain to fall to see a rainbow. Find the beauty in the rainy times of your life.

This year we have added new words to our vocabularies - covid-19, coronavirus, social distancing and iso. Our busy modern way of life has been brought to an abrupt standstill. We have been slowed down. The virus, nature, God, medical and science professionals -  have hit the pause button. People are doing new things, things they did not have time for before the covid crisis. Reassess what is really important and hang on to it. Return to a new way of living.

I am enjoying wandering through my old photos and sharing moments of calm and wonder from my past and my present. Remember the soothing power of these moments. Know that we will be able to return to these experiences, and know that until we can, some of the most calming moments can be found right in our own homes.

Garden supervisor

Raindrops on autumn sycamore leaves.

To follow me on instagram search the internet for jillian.brady.writer or #jillswanderment. I am also on facebook. You can also subscribe to this blog by entering your email address in the 'follow by email' box on the right hand side of this page. 

Keep calm and stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment